Canon PIXMA IP2880 Printer
Canon Pixma IP2880 is an inkjet printer that provides a compact design . One of the convenient features of the printer is its Auto Power On mode as it turns on automatically when any photo or document sent to the printer. Print number of documents or photos at fast speed. Avail incredible quality and details in both business and photos . It uses a four color cartridge system with embedded FINE printhead and ink.
- Automatic Document Feeder
- Full HD Movie Print
- Supports Windows and Mac OS
- Quiet Mode
- Auto Power on and off
- Fine Ink cartridges
A driver is the medium of communication between the printer and system. Downloading and installing the printer driver is an easy process. Locate the link for the driver download from this website. After downloading, find the setup file for the Windows and Mac systems. The setup file is in the .exe format for a Windows system. The setup file is in the .dmg format for a Mac system. Click the setup file and install it based on the instructions mentioned on the screen. Select the Add option. Add the printer’s name to the list of available devices. After adding, try to print. If the printer prints, the driver is installed properly.
The Driver for the Canon printer can be installed using the software installing CD or downloading in this website. It is compatible with the printer model and version of the operating system. Examine if the CD contains the latest version of the driver. If not, download and install it based on the on-screen instructions.
The Manual of the Canon Pixma IP2880 is available on this website. Avail the hard copy of the manual from the printer’s shipment box. Locate it in the box. Get the soft copy of the manual by clicking the link below. After downloading, find the manual from this system. Open the Downloads folder by clicking the downloaded file.
First time Printer Setup
- Open the box by removing the tape on top of it. Examine the list of contents in the box as it varies based on country/ region. Take the Canon Pixma IP2880 printer out of the box.
- The contents of the box are a USB cable, power cable, ink cartridges, user manual, software installation CD and warranty-card. Discard all packing materials surrounding the printer.
- Plug in one end of the cable to the rear of the printer and the other end to the wall socket. Press the Power button to turn on the printer. Set the preferences on the control panel.
- Remove the new ink cartridges from the package. Open the door and install the ink cartridges into their slots until it is placed securely. After that, close the door.
- Load plain papers into the input tray. Adjust the paper-width guides against the edges of the paper. Wait till the printer prints an alignment page for obtaining quality printouts.
For More Queries
Call Toll Free
Ink Cartridge / toner setup
Canon cartridges are original cartridges for smudge-free and durable prints. It avails good-quality and professional quality printouts. It can yield up to 220 pages with crisp and clear text. It has Chromelife ink that offers vibrant and clear text images. It is fade-resistant even if exposed to extreme sunlight. It dries up faster and avoids the smudges and blotches. The canon cartridges includes colour ink system which can be replaced easily. Its print-quality last for long years.
It is suggested to use authentic and compatible ink cartridges. Monitor the ink status by examining the control panel of the printer. If the ink level is low or print quality is unsatisfactory, replace the cartridge with a new one. Do not leave the cartridge in open air for more than 30 minutes.
- Open the ink cartridge door. Remove the protective tape on top of it.
- Install the ink cartridge into its slot. Redo the same procedure for all other cartridges.
- Examine if the cartridge is installed properly into its slot.
- Close the ink cartridge access door.
Pixma Error Code
- When the printer’s control panel displays an error code, view the Alarm light flickers. In certain cases, the On and Alarm light flickers alternatively. Examine the status of the lamp and the message and solve it based on the appropriate solution.
- Error Code E14- An orange light flickers 14 times when the error code appears. Examine if the ink cartridges are compatible with the printer model. If not, the error displays. Replace it with an authentic and compatible one to avoid the issue in future.
- Error Code E15- The error code indicates unrecognized ink cartridges . Check if the cartridges are installed properly into their slot. If not, raise the cover of the printer. Uninstall and re-install the ink cartridges as this method solves the issue.
- Error Code U162- Replacement of ink cartridges. This message displays immediately after installing the new ink cartridges. To solve the issue, press and hold the STOP/RESUME button for at least 10 seconds which allows printing for normally.
- Error Code 2103- When the paper size is to detected by the printer, press and hold the Stop button to solve the issue. Try to set the paper size again on the printer’s control panel. After a while, try to print from the printer.
Canon Printer Troubleshooting
Canon Printers are run into errors frequently. It is resolved with quick steps and procedures given below. The main printer issues are printing issues, connection issues, ink cartridge issues, connection issues. In most cases, the manual troubleshooting can be done which solves the issue immediately. If the issue persists, call our technical support team to solve it. Feel free to call at our toll-free number. Solve the issue through chat process.
Printing does not start
Ensure that the power cable is connected firmly and then press the Power button to turn it on. Check if the printer is connected to the system securely. Examine if the front tray is opened. Delete the unnecessary files and folders in the Printers folder. Choose your printer’s name from it.
Machine is not powered up
Press the Power button to turn on the device. If the printer does not power up, examine if the power cable is connected to the power cable and wall socket. If not, unplug the power cable and reconnect it. Disconnect all external devices from it. After a while, turn it on again.
Ink not ejected
When the ink level is low, replace it with a new one. Securely insert the ink cartridge into its slot. Clogs in the printhead is one of the reasons for the issue. Clean it with a clean and damp cloth. Do a Print Head cleaning twice to solve the issue. Turn off the device and then turn it on again.
When there is a paper jam issue, the Alarm light flickers and a troubleshooting message on the screen automatically. Locate the jammed paper in the interior and exterior of the printer. Remove the jammed paper from the input tray, output tray and other parts. After removing, try to print from the printer.
Machine Stopped Working suddenly
If you are unable to communicate with the system after the Network settings are changed, reboot the system. Examine if the system’s network settings are similar to that of the router’s settings. Move the printer and system close to the router for better signal strength. Keep all metal objects away from the printer.
Ink level is notdisplay
Make use of the printer driver with bidirectional communication. Choose the Enable bidirection support option in the Ports sheet of the properties dialog box of the printer driver. If the issue still continues, call our customer support tea, at our toll-free number to solve it immediately.
canon-printer-support.fixmyprinter.us Reserves the right to consider arbitration with the customer for refund under resolution provided, software delivered, services realized and used by the customer. Under such condition the company shall be paid in full for all the services utilized by the customer under the contract. In-case customer chooses to approach bank or any third party for refunds in form of charge back and any other means, In such condition canon-printer-support.fixmyprinter.us reserves the right of arbitration and right to approach the customer or any authority for resolution. Under no condition the resolution would not be more than the concerned contract service charges.