Canon PIXMA MG2522 Printer
The Pixma MG2522 is a multi-colored ink-jet printer that offers document & photo printing with Red-Eye correction. The printer is equipped with the ‘Contact Image Sensor’ scanner that provides flatbed and auto scan technology. The printer supports Windows and Mac Operating system. Also the Pixma MG2522 delivers images with excellent color and quality. The mode of connection is only through a USB.
- Glossy printing.
- Hybrid Ink System.
- 4-Color cartridge system.
- No Display.
- No ADF.
- No Fax support.
Connect the printer with the system. Check for automatic installation of drivers. If not, download the driver file manually from the Driver Downloads tab of the website. Type the printer model in the search box. Choose the currently installed version of the Operating system. For Windows, the file is in the form of .exe and for Mac, download the .dmg file. As there is no wireless option, connect the printer with the computer through the USB cable accompanied the printer. Install the printer drivers. If the printer drivers are installed already, check for the driver updates. After completing the setup, the printer is ready to print and start printing.
Most printers are accompanied with the installation discs. In case, if the installation CD is not available, download and install the drivers manually. Open the website’s Driver download menu and download the appropriate drivers. Choose your installed version of the OS and click the ‘Download’ option. The driver file will be downloaded.
Use the installation disk. Or, download the driver file for Mac from this site. Go to the Driver downloads menu. Locate the appropriate file that is compatible with your version of the Mac OS. To know more about the driver download option, refer the manuals or contact the customer care executive by dialing the Toll-Free number.
How to Print
Select a document to print. In the print window, adjust the text size, format, print layout, number of copies to be printed and other necessary settings. Load the paper in the printer. Use appropriate paper with proper size and quality. Align the papers to be held firmly by the guides, attached with the tray. Open the document in the system and press ‘Ctrl + P’ or select the ‘Print’ option under the ‘File’ tab. A preview of the print copy is displayed. Click ‘Print’. The printer starts to print the documents. Do not turn Off the printer or the system until the printing is complete. If you want to cancel the print, press the ‘Resume or Cancel’ button in the printer.
How to Copy
One-sided copying – Place the document in the glass pane. Press the copy button – color button denotes color copying and black button denotes black & white copying. This directs you to the Copy function of the printer. Press Start. The copying operation commences. Remove the document from the glass pane once the copying operation is complete. Double-sided copying – To produce multiple or double-side copies, press the two-sided button. Tap the color and black buttons with respect to the number of copies you require. Do not take the document out, until the scanning is complete. You can cancel the process by pressing the ‘Cancel’ button.
Get Instant Support for Quick installtion
For quick Canon Printer installation options, call our customer support at the number mentioned below.
Call Toll Free:1-888-224-4280
How to Scan
- Select a document to scan. Turn On the printer. Lift the scanner lid. Place the document on the flatbed scanner and gently press the lid over the paper. Push the lid until the LED light at the corners becomes dull. Do not bend or fold the paper. In the system, go to the printer menu.
- Open the Scanner tab. Preview and customize the scan settings. Click ‘Scan’ or ‘OK’. The scanning process commences. The printer produces a sound during the process. The scanned document is displayed in the system. Save the document.
- To scan both sides, use the duplexing method. Under the preview tab, select the duplex option. Scan the front side of the document. Then take the document out. Place the rear side of the document and press the resume button. Thus, duplexing is achieved.
- From the printer’s menu, choose the format of the mail to be sent. A pop up appears, displaying the e-mail message. Enter the recipient address and tap send.
Ink catridge and Installation
- The Canon Pixma MG2522 is equipped with the ‘FINE’ Inkjet technology. The Hybrid Ink system and the 4-Color Ink Cartridge system combine together to deliver glossy photo paper printing, envelope printing and plain paper printing with brilliant and sharp colors.
- The cartridge needs to be replaced if any one color runs out or else, the printing quality starts to fade away. Replace the empty cartridge with a new cartridge bought from a trusted website. Most websites the FINE ink cartridge at an affordable price.
- Turn Off the printer. Open the panel. Gently, remove the cartridge without touching the internal wiring and the strips. Insert the new cartridge immediately after removing the seal. Do not leave the printer with no cartridge as it damages the ‘printer heads’.
- Turn On the printer and perform test. The heads are aligned automatically. Make sure to cover the printer when not in use. This prevents the dust and debris from entering into the printer and so the printer heads and the cartridge are not damaged.
Pixma Error Code
- If printer develops an error, a troubleshooting message is displayed in the computer. The alarm lamp flashes representing an error and sometimes, the ON lamp and the alarm flashes alternatively and an error code is displayed on the screen.
- The error code 1000 indicates, there is no paper in the tray. Reload the paper or adjust the papers. The error code 1203 shows that the panel or cover is not closed during the printing process. Do not let open any panels while printing.
- If paper jam occurs, the code 1300 is displayed. Turn Off the printer. Open the rear cover and locate the jammed paper. Remove the paper slowly without tearing it. Do not touch the ‘fine strip’ that is internally lined. Assure that all the papers are removed.
- The codes 1687, 1401, 1403 & 1485 notifies the improper installation of the cartridge. To resolve this, turn Off the printer. Open the panel. Adjust the cartridge gently. Refer the manuals for proper installation steps. Close the panel and start printing.
- The ink absorber absorbs the drained/excess ink. The codes 1701 and 1701 indicates, the ink absorber is full. Locate the ink absorber under the cartridge system. Remove the absorber and wash gently with warm water, else, replace with a new absorber.
Canon Printer Troubleshooting
The issues in the Canon Pixma MG2522 are : paper jams, irregular and automatic relocation of papers, driver download and installation problems, improper installation of the cartridge, print quality is dull, problems in the USB connection, unable to turn on the printer, scan function does not work correctly and auto On and Off of the printer. The users can resolve the issues by following the troubleshooting steps with reference to the User Manual. Or, contact our tech support to inquire about the issues.
RESOLVE PRINTING ISSUES
- The USB connection should be reliable and accurate. Check whether the USB cable is damaged physically. Do not bend or cut the wires. Disable the connection when the printer is not in use.
- When the printing is dull, open the panel and check the ink cartridge. If it is empty, replace with a new cartridge. Install the cartridge properly referring the manual. Close the panel.
- If the paper is jammed, remove the rear cover. Locate the jammed paper and remove the paper slowly. If it is jammed under the cartridge system, move the cartridge to the edge and take the paper out.
- Sometimes, the printing papers are not detected by the printer even when the paper tray is full. Make sure that the dimension and quality of the paper suits the printer. Adjust the paper tray.
- If the printing process stops in the mid, check whether the paper has run out. The printer may stop temporarily and resume later. Do not turn Off the printer. If the problem continues, cancel the process.
- Update the printer drivers frequently. Enter the ‘Device Manager’ and right click the installed printer. Select ‘Update drivers’ option and the OS automatically updates the latest version of the driver software.
RESOLVE OPERATIONAL PROBLEMS
- If the system suddenly stops during the scanning process, restart the system. Do not disable the connection. Decrease the output resolution in the output settings and repeat scanning.
- Delete the temporary files. Free the space in the drive, where the scanner folder is created. The temporary files are stored here. Do not delete or change the location of the folder during scanning.
- If the scanner does not function after upgrading to the Windows, re-install the driver. Enter the ‘Control Panel’ and click the ‘Programs’ menu. Click the menu and select ‘Uninstall a program’.
- Now, double click the ‘IJ Scan Utility’ and select uninstall. Similarly, uninstall the MP drivers. Enable the connection. The latest version of the drivers are automatically installed.
- Sometimes, problem occur with the process of sending scanned documents through mail. To resolve this, select the ‘None’ option in the screen and manually attach the document to the recipient’s mail.
- Do not break the printer physically. Move away any electronic devices that emit enormous radio signals. Do not overload the printer. Frequently, check the status of the printer.
canon-printer-support.fixmyprinter.us Reserves the right to consider arbitration with the customer for refund under resolution provided, software delivered, services realized and used by the customer. Under such condition the company shall be paid in full for all the services utilized by the customer under the contract. In-case customer chooses to approach bank or any third party for refunds in form of charge back and any other means, In such condition canon-printer-support.fixmyprinter.us reserves the right of arbitration and right to approach the customer or any authority for resolution. Under no condition the resolution would not be more than the concerned contract service charges.