Canon PIXMA MG3122 Printer
The PIXMA MG3122 printer delivers good quality photos and provides ease of use. With the wireless network, easily print and scan from virtually anywhere around your house. Print borderless photos, documents and web pages with crisp, clear text and vibrant colors. Reduce the cost per page with two-sided printing.
- Supports Auto duplex printing
- Supports Mac and Windows Operating System
- Hi-Speed USB and wireless connections
- Supports borderless printing
- Up to 100 sheets input tray.
- Mobile printing capability
The system uses the driver software to communicate with a hardware device such as a video card, sound card, printer etc. If there are no drivers, the devices you connect to the PC do not work properly. Update drivers on a regular basis so that the printer has the latest security patches. Updating the drivers not only helps to protect the system from issues but the hardware and devices also function properly. When you reinstall the system using CD/DVD or when issues related to the wireless network occurs, update the driver. If you do not have an updated driver, download it from this website.
To download the driver for the printer, select the icon given below. Go to the Downloads folder on your system and locate the folder where the driver downloaded. After locating the folder, search for the driver file. Double-click the .dmg file on Mac and the .exe driver file on the Windows PC. Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
The manual includes the prompts to Print, Copy and Scan. It not only includes the safety precautions but also the legal limitations on using the printer and performing routine maintenance. The safety precautions in the manual help to handle the printer efficiently. If you do not have the manual for your printer, select the icon given below.
Wireless connection Setup
Use this connection method to connect the network devices to a secure wireless network. Once you verify that the router supports WPS connection, connect the Canon PIXMA MG3122 printer to the home network.
Set an IP address with unique characteristics to connect the printer to the wireless network. If the printer is connected to an unsecured network, your personal information might be leaked to a third party.
Resetting the Canon MG3122 printer to factory default settings can be useful when troubleshooting the printer. The setting not only returns the print menu settings to factory defaults but also clears the page buffer.
Google Print setup Guide
- Check if you have an active Google Account to register the Canon printer with Google Cloud Print and also verify if the printer is turned on and connected to the network.
- Once you press the Home button, use the up or down arrow keys to display Set up and press the right function button to choose it. After selecting the Web Service Setup option, click OK.
- When the options- Web service connection Setup, Google Cloud Print Setup and Register with Google Cloud Print appear, click OK. Select Yes when Register this printer with Google Cloud Print option displays.
- Choose the preferred display language and click OK. Load the paper into the tray and select the OK option to print the authentication page. If the page prints successfully, select Yes and click OK.
- In the address bar of the web browser, type the URL found in the printed authentication page. Use the Gmail username and password to log into the Google Account.
How do I print from my Apple device to my PIXMA printer?
- Check if you have an iPad or iPhone or iPod touch running the latest version of iOS and connect the Apple device and the printer to the same wireless network.
- Make sure the printer is turned on and click the operation icon on the device to display the menu options. Select the Print option and choose the model of your printer.
- To print a Copy of the document or photo, set the number of copies to print. Select either On to enable the feature or click Off to disable the function for two-sided printing.
- To print a file type with multiple pages, such as a PDF file, click Range –> All Pages/choose the range of pages to be printed and select the Print option.
- If the document does not print, check if the printer is turned off. If the printer is on, turn it off and turn it on again to check if it fixes the issue. If the issue persists, dial the Toll-free number.
Get Instant Support for Quick installtion
For quick Canon Printer installation options, call our customer support at the number mentioned below.
Call Toll Free:1-888-224-4280
Ink catridge and Installation
- Carefully open the printer cover and remove the new ink cartridge from its package. Discard the strip of protective tape from the new cartridge so that the print nozzle and electrical contacts are revealed.
- Neither stain your hands and the surrounding area with the ink on the tape nor touch the electrical contacts or print head nozzle on the cartridge. The printer may not print properly if you touch them.
- Check the slot on the printer to place the color and black cartridge. Push the cartridge into the respective slot until it clicks into place and close the printer lid.
- Check if the green light flashes. If it is not visible, it shows that you have not installed the cartridges in the right way. Once the green flashing light becomes constant, you will be ready to print.
Pixma Error Code
- If the error code 1003 occurs, it shows that the printer is out of paper or the paper does not feed. The solution to fix this issue is to reload the paper on the front tray and press the Black or Color button. When you load the paper, ensure that the paper fits properly.
- If the error code 1300 or 1303 or 1304 displays, it shows that there is a jammed paper in the printer. Press the Stop/Reset button to cancel print jobs before turning off the printer. Carefully hold the paper and do not tear it.
- If the error code 1687 occurs, it denotes that the cartridge is not installed properly. Open the paper output cover and push up the ink cartridge lock lever to check if the cartridges are well-seated. If the error persists, remove and install the cartridge again.
- If the error code 1686 occurs, it shows that the ink level cannot be detected. There is a possibility that the ink may have run out. As the ink level cannot be correctly detected, the function for detecting the remaining ink level will be disabled.
- If the error code 1688 occurs, it denotes that the ink has run out. Once you replace the ink cartridge, close the paper output cover. To continue printing, press the Stop/Reset button for at least 5 seconds with the ink cartridge installed.
Canon Printer Troubleshooting
If you are unable to print or the printer does not connect to the network or does not turn on, you need not immediately return it or take it to an electronics repair facility. Reset the printer and check if there is an issue with the power connections. There are various troubleshooting solutions to get the printer in operating condition quickly. The basic instructions to fix the common issues you may encounter when using the Canon Pixma MG3122 printer are given below.
RESOLVE PRINTING ISSUES
- Check if the Canon printer is securely connected and press the ON button to turn it on. The ON lamp flashes while the PC is processing data and sending it to the printer.
- If the Canon printer is connected to the PC with a USB hub, disconnect it, connect the printer directly to the PC and retry printing. Check if printing starts normally to determine if the issue is with the relay device.
- Delete unnecessary print jobs on the Windows and Mac PC and also check if you are using a compatible printer driver. Check if the name of the printer is selected in the Print dialog.
- Set the correct printer port and log in using an account with administrator privileges. If you have a Windows 10 PC, right-click the Start button and select Control Panel –> View devices and printers.
- If the issue persists, reinstall the MP Drivers from the Setup CD-ROM. Select the Print Options on Page Setup sheet of the printer driver and set Prevention of Print Data Loss to On in the dialog that appears.
- The above setting may reduce the print quality. Check if the issue is resolved. If the issue persists, restart the computer. Reach us on the Toll-free number if the issue is unresolved.
RESOLVE OPERATION PROBLEMS
- If the system environment does not support Hi-Speed USB, the printer operates at the slower speed of USB 1.1. In this case, the printer works properly but the printing or scanning speed may slow down.
- Check if the USB port on the computer supports Hi-Speed USB connection. Use a USB cable no longer than 10 feet / 3 meters or so. Install the latest update for the PC.
- If the printing process is slow, the printer may be printing or scanning a large job from another computer. Make sure the Canon printer is not placed too far away from the wireless router.
- Place the wireless router and the printer where there are no obstacles between them. If the printer cannot communicate with the PC over a wireless LAN due to a wall, place the printer and the PC in the same room.
- Check if there are interferences and place the wireless router as far away from the interference sources as possible. Check if the wireless signal is strong.
- Monitor the signal status and move the printer and wireless router as necessary. To know more about setting up a wireless router, read the instruction manual provided with the wireless router.
canon-printer-support.fixmyprinter.us Reserves the right to consider arbitration with the customer for refund under resolution provided, software delivered, services realized and used by the customer. Under such condition the company shall be paid in full for all the services utilized by the customer under the contract. In-case customer chooses to approach bank or any third party for refunds in form of charge back and any other means, In such condition canon-printer-support.fixmyprinter.us reserves the right of arbitration and right to approach the customer or any authority for resolution. Under no condition the resolution would not be more than the concerned contract service charges.