Canon PIXMA MG5720 Printer
The All-In-One printer offers good performance and remarkable quality. It allows you to print beautiful, borderless photos and crisp documents up to 8.5-inch x 11-inch. The printer includes a 2.5-inch LCD screen that allows you to preview the images before you print. Print 2-sided documents and cut down the paper usage by up to 50 Percent. Print or scan documents and images from the smartphone or tablet.
- Print, Scan and Copy.
- Easy Wireless Set up
- Mobile Printing Capability
- Quiet Mode Feature
- 5 individual tanks
- 100 Sheets Tray Capacity
A driver is a software that operates or controls a particular type of device that is attached to a PC. The driver enables one or more hardware devices to communicate with the PC’s Operating System. Without drivers, it is not possible for the PC to send and receive data correctly to the hardware devices such as a printer. If you do not install a compatible driver, the computer may not function properly. For Windows users, a driver conflict or an error might appear in the Device Manager. If an issue occurs with the driver, a driver update might appear on the computer to fix the problems. After downloading the correct driver, follow the instructions to complete the installation.
If you have the CD that came with the printer but the computer has no disc drive or it is not working, you can download the drivers from this website. The driver file format for Windows and Mac differ where .exe is the file format for Windows and .dmg is the file format for Mac.
The manual provides the overview of the printer. It includes the instructions to perform the functions such as print, copy and scan. Download the manual and refer to the prompts to set up or troubleshoot the printer issues. You can also download the manual from this website.
Wireless connection Setup
Make sure the router has a WPS button and follow the instructions to complete the WPS setup. If the router does not have a clearly marked ‘WPS’ button, use the CD to perform the standard wireless installation.
If there is an issue with the network, check if the wireless router is configured properly. Check the distance between the device and the wireless router and also if there is an obstruction or source of radio wave interference nearby.
There are times when the Canon printer faces issues. Restoring the printer will resolve the communication problems between the Canon 5720 printer and the computer.
Google Printsetup Guide
- Check if you have an active Google Account to register the Canon MG5720 printer with Google Cloud Print. A username and password are required to complete the setup.
- If you do not have an active Google Account, make sure you create an account. Connect the printer to the Internet. Check if the printer is turned on and connected to the network.
- Select Web Service Setup –> Cloud Settings –> Google Cloud Print Setup –> Register with Google Cloud Print. When Register this printer with Google Cloud Print displays, select Yes and click Next.
- Choose your preferred display language for the print settings of Google Cloud Print and click OK to print the authentication page. Check if there is an A4 paper in the printer.
- If the authentication page does not print, select the No option to reprint the authentication page. If there is an issue when setting up Google Cloud Print, contact us for assistance.
How do I print from my Apple device
Check if the Apple device and the Canon printer is connected to the same 802.11 wireless network. From your Apple device, tap to display the menu options.
- From the drop-down menu, click Print and from the Printer Options, select a printer. If an application does not allow to use the printer options, you cannot print from that application.
- Set the number of copies to print. To print multiple pages, select the Range option and click All Pages or select the range of pages to be printed. The printer options may vary based on the application and printer you are using.
- The paper size is automatically selected based on the application being used on the Apple device and the region where the AirPrint is used. If required, check the default paper size.
- Use the Print icon displayed in the list of recently used applications to check the print progress. The Print icon displays at the bottom of the Home window.
Get Instant Support for Quick installtion
For quick Canon Printer installation options, call our customer support at the number mentioned below.
Call Toll Free:1-888-224-4280
Ink catridge and Installation
- Open the printer cover, remove the new ink cartridge from its package and discard the strip of protective tape from the new cartridge. This reveals the print nozzle and the electrical contacts.
- Neither touch the electrical contacts or print head nozzle on the cartridge nor stain your hands and the surrounding area with the ink on the tape. Touching the electrical contacts might deliver poor print quality.
- Place the color and black cartridge into their respective slots and push the cartridge until it clicks into place. Check if the cartridge is installed properly and close the printer lid.
- If the green light does not flash, it shows that the cartridges are not installed in the right way. Once the green light becomes constant, try to print.
Pixma Error Code
- If the error code 1003 occurs, the printer might run out of paper or the paper stops feeding. To fix this issue, reload the paper on the front tray and press the Black or Color button. After loading the paper, check if it fits properly in the tray.
- If the error code 1300/1303/1304 displays, it shows that a jammed paper is stuck in the printer.Before turning off the printer, press the Stop/Reset button to cancel print jobs. Hold the paper and pull it from the tray without tearing it. If the error code 1687 occurs, it indicates that the cartridge is not installed properly. Open the paper output cover and to check if
- the cartridges are well-seated, push up the ink cartridge lock lever. If the error is unresolved, remove and install the cartridge again.
- If the error code 1686 occurs, it indicates that the ink level cannot be detected. Check if the ink has run out. Since the ink level cannot be correctly detected, the function for detecting the remaining ink level disables.
- If the error code 1688 occurs, it indicates that the ink has run out. After replacing the ink cartridge, close the paper output cover and to continue printing, press the Stop/Reset button. For at least 5 seconds, press the button with the ink cartridge installed.
Canon Printer Troubleshooting
Check if the indicator lights flash in a specific pattern and refer to the manual to see if there is a corresponding error code. Follow the prompts in the manual to fix the associated problem. Check if the power cord is connected firmly. Check if there is a piece of paper stuck in the paper feed. Restart the PC and print something in case the PC has stopped recognizing the printer or the print queue has stopped responding due to a software error. The basic instructions to Check if the name of the printer is selected ix the common issues on Canon Pixma MG5720 printer are given below.
RESOLVE PRINTING ISSUES
- Make sure the Canon printer is connected and press the ON button to switch it on. While the PC is processing data and sending it to the printer, the ON lamp flashes.
- If the printer is connected to the system with a USB hub, unplug it, plug in the printer directly to the computer and retry printing. Verify if printing starts normally to analyze if the issue is with the relay device.
- After deleting unnecessary print jobs on the Windows and Mac PC, check if you are using a compatible printer driver. Check the Print dialog if the name of the printer is selected.
- Once you set the correct printer port, log in using an account with administrator privileges. On a Windows 10 PC, right-click on the Start button and click Control Panel –> View devices and printers.
- Reinstall the MP Drivers from the Setup CD-ROM if the issue persists. After selecting the Print Options on Page Setup sheet of the printer driver, set Prevention of Print Data Loss to On in the dialog that appears.
- The above setting may reduce the quality of the print. If the issue is unresolved, restart the PC. Reach our experts on the Toll-free number if the issue persists.
RESOLVE OPERATION PROBLEMS
- If the environment of the system does not support Hi-Speed USB, the printer operates at the slower speed of USB 1.1. Though the printer may work properly, the printing or scanning speed may slow down.
- Make sure the USB port on the PC supports Hi-Speed USB connection. The USB cable should be no longer than 10 feet / 3 meters or so. Install the latest update for the system.
- If the print speed reduces, the printer might be printing or scanning a large job from another PC. Make sure the Canon Pixma MG5720 printer is not placed too far away from the wireless router.
- Check if there is any obstacle between the wireless router and the printer and remove if any. Place the printer and the PC in the same room if the printer is unable to communicate with the PC over a wireless LAN.
- If there are interferences, place the wireless router far away from the interference sources as possible. Check the wireless signal for a strong connection.
- Check the signal status and place the printer and wireless router closer. For further information on setting up a wireless router, read the instruction manual provided with the wireless router.
canon-printer-support.fixmyprinter.us Reserves the right to consider arbitration with the customer for refund under resolution provided, software delivered, services realized and used by the customer. Under such condition the company shall be paid in full for all the services utilized by the customer under the contract. In-case customer chooses to approach bank or any third party for refunds in form of charge back and any other means, In such condition canon-printer-support.fixmyprinter.us reserves the right of arbitration and right to approach the customer or any authority for resolution. Under no condition the resolution would not be more than the concerned contract service charges.