Wireless connection Setup
Wireless network connection not only enables multiple devices to use the same internet connection but also share files and other resources. Move devices such as tablets, laptops and iPods within the network area freely. Wireless network avoids messing up with wired cables. Taking a photograph and uploading it to social media is now simpler and can be done much quicker with wireless technology. Few common wireless setup such as WPS and standard connection methods are given below.
Wireless (Wi-Fi) Connection Setup
- Once you choose a suitable location to place the wireless router, remove the obstructions that cause wireless interference and connect the router to the modem using a wired cable.
- After connecting the Canon Pixma MG3122 printer to the router, turn on the modem, router, PC and printer. Refer to the manual or router documentation for the IP address of the router.
- Use a password with strong characteristics to change the default administrator password for the router. Use the latest wireless encryption protocol.
- Selecting a descriptive name for the SSID in the wireless network information section helps to identify the network easily. Change the wireless channel if required.
- Use the driver software CD that came with the Canon printer or refer to the manual for the steps to download and install the driver on the Operating System.
- Go to the Downloads folder on your computer, locate the driver file, run the file and follow the instructions that appear on the screen to complete the installation process.
WPS Connection Method
- Check if the access point has a WPS push button available to set up the printer using this connection. If the push button is not available on the router, use the Standard Connection Method.
- Once you verify if the network uses the WPA or WPA2 security protocol, power on the printer if it is turned off and press and hold the Wi-Fi button. The button is located on the front of the printer.
- After the white power lamp flashes, release the Wi-Fi button and verify if the Wi-Fi button starts to flash blue. Turn on the access point and press the WPS button after few minutes.
- For further details on how to use the WPS button, refer to the access point manual. The blue Wi-Fi lamp on the printer starts to flash while searching for or connecting to the access point.
- The white power lamp also starts to flash during the network connection. The blue and white lamps stop flashing once the Canon printer successfully connects to the wireless network.
- Our technical team is here to guide you and troubleshoot all the printer woes. Check if there is an issue with the WPS Connection method. If the issue is unresolved, dial the Toll-free number.
Network settings confirmation
Run Command Prompt or MS-DOS to confirm the network settings. Choose the Start menu, click Run and once the Run dialog box appears, type command in Open and click the OK option. After typing the command: Ping (a space)
Standard connection method Windows
- Check the requirements in the manual to prepare for the USB connection and delete any previously installed printer versions from the Windows system.
- Once you check if the printer is turned on, unplug the USB cable from the PC. Search for the Devices option on the computer and click the Devices and Printers control panel setting in the results.
- Once you select the model of the printer, download and install the compatible printer driver to complete the USB connection. After choosing USB as the connection type, check if the Operating System is correct.
- Check the printer status. For more information on how to set up the Canon printer with the USB cable, reach our support team on the Toll-free number.
Standard connection method Mac
- Connect the Canon Pixma MG3122 printer to the PC, turn it on and wait for the OS to detect and install the printer. The Mac system detects the printer automatically and installs the necessary drivers.
- Make sure there is an active internet connection so that the Operating System downloads the appropriate files. Use the driver software CD that came with the Canon printer.
- If the installation CD is missing, download the drivers from this website. Check if you know the model number of the Canon printer and run the downloaded drivers.
- After installing the drivers, print from any program on the computer. For further details on downloading the driver, contact our experts on the Toll-free number.
Restoring your printer’s
It is not a tough task to reset the network settings back to factory default. Initialisation process removes all network settings on the Canon printer. Until the Canon MG3122 printer is re-configured with new network settings, printing or scanning from a system over the network becomes impossible. Until the power lamp flashes 10-15 times, press and hold the Cancel/Resume button. On releasing the Cancel/Resume button, the network settings resets back to the factory default settings. If the above solutions fail the resetting process, contact us for further assistance.
canon-printer-support.fixmyprinter.us Reserves the right to consider arbitration with the customer for refund under resolution provided, software delivered, services realized and used by the customer. Under such condition the company shall be paid in full for all the services utilized by the customer under the contract. In-case customer chooses to approach bank or any third party for refunds in form of charge back and any other means, In such condition canon-printer-support.fixmyprinter.us reserves the right of arbitration and right to approach the customer or any authority for resolution. Under no condition the resolution would not be more than the concerned contract service charges.