Wireless connection Setup
The CANON PIXMA MG5550 supports wireless connection. Using a wireless router you can connect the printer to any device. The Wi-Fi connection and Wi-Fi protected setup are the two types of the wireless connection. It is required to select any one of the connections for the printer. To secure your wireless connection from others connect your printer via Wi-Fi that connects only to the password or else use the push button in the WPS. Follow the below steps and connect your computer to the printer.
Wireless (Wi-Fi) Connection Setup
- Make sure the broadband connections, a modem, and a wireless router that gives you internet connection are all ready for set up.
- Place the router on a flat surface. Place in the room where the signal strength is good. Do not place on the rough surface, near to the windows, and doors.
- Before setting the wireless connection check your device supports wireless or not. Click Start, type device manager in the search tab.
- Click Device Manager in the list of results. In the device manager expand the Network Adapter. Choose Wireless and click OK.
- Connect the modem. Wi-Fi connects only with the password. Set a unique username and a strong password for your Wi-Fi connection.
- In Windows, on the bottom right corner click the network icon. Choose your Wi-Fi name, type the password and click Connect. Your printer connects to the wireless connection.
WPS Connection Method
- Check whether the router has a link button or push button named WPS. Wi-Fi protected setup connects the network without the password.
- Switch ON the printer. In the printer’s display click up and down arrow to display the WLAN icon. Select Wireless LAN setup and press OK.
- The network information screen opens click LAN settings. Click Wireless LAN in the LAN setting page and press Wireless LAN setup.
- In the Wireless LAN setup page click WPS. The Display screen displays a message Settings will be made on a computer or smartphone, etc OK? Press OK.
- Hold the WPS button in the router until a green light flashes near to the button. Both the WPS and printer light flashes till the printer is connected to the network.
- The Wi-Fi light stops flashing and remains idle after the printer is connected to the network. Install the printer driver on your computer and check its connectivity.
Network settings confirmation
After connecting the network check the printer’s connectivity. Switch ON the printer. Open the rear tray and pull the paper support facing up. Open the feed slot cover and slide the paper width guide. Load the paper in the tray with the print side facing up. Slide the paper width guides both sides of the paper and close the feed slot cover. Make sure the printer is ON. Press and hold the Wi-Fi button till the light flashes on the printer and release it. To print the network information page, press the Wi-Fi button. In the printed paper, the connection status point out activate and your wireless network name is displayed in the Service Set Identifier.
Standard connection method Windows
- Insert the CD-ROM into your computer. For Windows open .exe file. Click Start Setup in the initial window. If CD is not available to install, download the driver from our website.
- Window takes time to search the latest software updates. Select the region and country as per your choice and Click Next. Go through the license agreement and click Yes.
- Click Agree if you wish to work in the Extended Survey Program or else click Do not agree. Click Next to add the All Install Wizard Processes.
- Select Wireless LAN and Connect it via wireless router. Click Next to follow the on-screen instructions. click Exit to complete the installation.
Standard connection method Mac
- Insert the installation CD into your Apple device. If CD is not available, download the driver from our website. Double-click the .dmg file format.
- Initial screen appears on the screen click Next. The Helper tool dialogue box opens, type your password and click Install Helper.
- Select Start Setup. The window generally checks for the latest driver update and downloads automatically. Select your region and country and click Next.
- Read the license agreement and click Yes. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the driver installation and click finish to exit the window.
Restoring your printer’s
Unexpectedly changed the network setting in the printer and it fails to print then restoring your printer is the best solution. Restore erases all the present network settings and goes back to the earlier default factory setting. Follow the below steps to restore your printer to its previous network settings. Press and hold the RESUME/CANCEL button in the printer till the light flashes 17 times and release it. The network resets to the default factory setting. To check the network connection test the printer. If the above step fails to restore, contact our customer care on the Toll-free number.
canon-printer-support.fixmyprinter.us Reserves the right to consider arbitration with the customer for refund under resolution provided, software delivered, services realized and used by the customer. Under such condition the company shall be paid in full for all the services utilized by the customer under the contract. In-case customer chooses to approach bank or any third party for refunds in form of charge back and any other means, In such condition canon-printer-support.fixmyprinter.us reserves the right of arbitration and right to approach the customer or any authority for resolution. Under no condition the resolution would not be more than the concerned contract service charges.