Wireless connection Setup
Wireless network connection not only share files and other resources but also enables multiple devices to use the same internet connection. Take the devices such as tablets, laptops and iPods wherever you wish within the network. Avoid issues such as messing up with wired cables. Click a photograph and upload it to social media with the wireless technology. Few common wireless setup procedures such as WPS and standard connection methods are given below.
Wireless (Wi-Fi) Connection Setup
- Choose a location to place the wireless router, remove the obstructions that cause the wireless interference and plug in the router to the modem using a wired cable.
- After connecting the Canon Pixma MG5720 printer to the router, switch on the modem, router, PC and printer. For the IP address of the router, refer to the manual or router documentation.
- Make sure the password has strong characteristics. Change the default administrator password for the router and use the latest wireless encryption protocol.
- Choosing a descriptive name for the SSID in the wireless network information section helps to identify the network easily. Modify the wireless channel if necessary.
- Check if you have the driver software CD that came with the Canon printer or refer to the manual for the steps to download and install the driver on the OS.
- Go to the Downloads folder on the system, find and run the file and follow the guidelines that appear on the screen to complete the installation process.
WPS Connection Method
- Verify if the access point has a push button available to set up the printer using the WPS connection. Use the Standard Connection Method if there is no push button available on the router.
- Check if the network uses the WPA or WPA2 security protocol, switch on the printer if it is switched off and press and hold the Wi-Fi button. You will find the button on the front of the printer.
- Release the Wi-Fi button after the white light flashes and check if the Wi-Fi button starts to flash blue. Power on the access point and press the WPS button after sometime.
- To know the details on how to use the WPS button, refer to the access point manual. The blue light on the printer starts to flash while searching for or connecting to the access point.
- The white light also starts to flash during the network connection. The blue and white light stop flashing when the Canon printer successfully connects to the wireless network.
- Our support team is here to troubleshoot all the printer woes. If you are unable to solve an issue with the WPS Connection method, dial the Toll-free number.
Network settings confirmation
Once you run the Command Prompt or MS-DOS to confirm the network settings, click the Start menu. Select Run and once the Run dialog box appears, type command in Open and choose the OK option. Once you type the command: Ping (a space)
Standard connection method Windows
- To prepare for the USB connection, check the requirements in the manual and delete any previously installed printer versions from the Windows computer.
- Check if the printer is powered on, disconnect the USB cable from the PC and search for the Devices option on the computer. Choose the Devices and Printers control panel setting in the results.
- Select the model of the printer, download and install the current version of the driver to complete the USB connection. Choose USB as the connection type, check if the OS is correct and check the printer status.
- For any further information on how to set up the Canon Pixma MG5720 printer with the USB cable, reach our support team on the Toll-free number.
Standard connection method Mac
- Connect the Canon Pixma MG5720 printer to the computer, switch it on and wait for the system to detect and install the printer. The Mac computer detects the printer automatically and installs the necessary drivers.
- Ensure there is an active internet connection so that the OS downloads the appropriate files and use the driver software CD that came with the Canon printer.
- If the software CD is lost or missing, download the drivers from this website and check if you know the model number of the Canon printer and run the downloaded drivers.
- Install the drivers, print from any program on the system. For any further queries on downloading the driver, contact our experts on the Toll-free number.
Restoring your printer’s
To reset the network settings back to factory default, perform initialization. The initialization process erases all the network settings on the printer, thus, printing or scanning from a PC over the network becomes impossible until the printer is configured with new network settings again. Press and hold the RESUME or CANCEL button until the alarm light flashes 7 times. On releasing the RESUME or CANCEL button, the network settings automatically reset back to factory default settings. If the process still fails after following this guide, reach our experts for further assistance.
canon-printer-support.fixmyprinter.us Reserves the right to consider arbitration with the customer for refund under resolution provided, software delivered, services realized and used by the customer. Under such condition the company shall be paid in full for all the services utilized by the customer under the contract. In-case customer chooses to approach bank or any third party for refunds in form of charge back and any other means, In such condition canon-printer-support.fixmyprinter.us reserves the right of arbitration and right to approach the customer or any authority for resolution. Under no condition the resolution would not be more than the concerned contract service charges.