Wireless connection Setup
You can connect the printer to your device in two ways. In one way you can connect the printer using a wireless router. In the other way, the printer can be connected by Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) method. These two methods cannot be used at the same time. Follow the connection methods given below for a wireless router. You will lose your connection to your device when you connect using a different method. For wireless connection, use USB cable temporarily or your computer may not be able to communicate with the machine.
Wireless (Wi-Fi) Connection Setup
- Make sure whether your PIXMA MG5722 is turned on. Switch on the wireless router. The blue Wi-Fi lamp blinks continuously on the printer while searching for the device.
- Connect the printer and your device using a wireless router. The method of connection may vary according to the wireless router type. This is the easiest way to connect your printer.
- On the printer, change the network settings such as the SSID and security protocol. This allows your PIXMA MG5722 to connect to the network without entering the password.
- The Wi-Fi icon displays on the device’s screen. This denotes the connection is enabled between the device and a wireless router. Now you can connect the device to the printer using Wi-Fi.
- Insert the setup CD into the CD-ROM and run PIXMA MG5722 driver program. Select your country and click Next. Click Easy Install to install the program on your device.
- Choose “Use printer on network” and tap Next button. This program detects your printer. Select PIXMA MG5722 and click Next. The printer application menu appears and the printer is ready.
WPS Connection Method
- Turn your PIXMA MG5722 and load paper into your printer. Switch on the wireless router. The blue light of Wi-Fi blinks continuously on the printer while searching for the device.
- The light next to the Wi-Fi button and goes to your access point. Press WPS button within two minutes. For details on starting WPS refer the user guide received along the printer.
- When you set your preference for a wireless router that supports WPS method select WPS push button or WPA2 security. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
- When you set a connection using a wireless router that supports WPS method you can also select PIN code method. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to finish the setup.
- Push button configuratIon (PBC) is an actual push button which is found on the hardware. You can also perform through a simulated push button in the software.
- Press the Wireless button on the printer and hold till the WirEless lamp sparkles. Then press the black button and follow the mode of connection and proceed with the setup.
Network settings confirmation
Take a print out of the network settings of your printer to verify that connection between your printer and your wireless network. Check whether your PIXMA MG5722 is turned on. Load an A4- or letter-sized plain paper. Press the Resume/Cancel button and hold till the alarm light flashes 15 times and release it. This prints your network information page. Refer the printout and check whether the “Connection” indicates “Active”. Verify the name of your wireless network in the SSID (Service Set Identifier). This confirms your WPS setup procedure. Now proceed the installation of software to your PIXMA MG5722 using the CD. If not, download it from our website or contact us for further details.
Standard connection method Windows
- In Windows, insert the CD and run the setup process. Click Next. A screen displays asking you to choose either USB or Wireless Connection. Choose Wireless connection.
- Make sure that the printer is turned on and power lamp is on and click Next. Select Connect to Network and the Cableless Setup. Press and hold the Wi-Fi button and set your region.
- Make sure that the blue Wi-Fi light flashes fast and the green light flashes slow. Now click Next button. From the list, select the software you want and click Next.
- Select Yes to agree to license agreement. A screen appears in the model of your printer and the name of your SSID of your wireless network. And then click Complete to finish the setup.
Standard connection method Mac
- In Mac, download the manual and software by selecting your product name PIXMA MG5722 from our PIXMA range page. Click Next and type your password to install the Helper Tool.
- Click on Install Helper and select Next. A screen displays asking you to choose either USB or Wireless Connection. Choose Wireless connection. Make sure that the printer is turned on.
- The power lamp must be in on position and click Next. Select Connect to Network and the Cableless Setup. Press and hold the Wi-Fi button and set your region.
- Select Add Printer when the screen prompts. Then select Canon IJ version and tap Add. Click Allow to enable the access to the program. Click Next to complete the setup.
Restoring your printer’s
If you want to reset your printer’s network settings, you can perform these instructions. Please note that this procedure erases all the network settings on the machine and you can print or scan only after the re-configure with the new network settings. To perform this, press the Resume/Cancel button and hold it until the alarm light blinks 17 times. Now release the Resume/Cancel button. The network settings of your printer is now restored to default settings. For Windows, use CD-ROM or follow the instructions to redo the setup. For Mac, download the software from our website and follow the instructions to redo the setup.
canon-printer-support.fixmyprinter.us Reserves the right to consider arbitration with the customer for refund under resolution provided, software delivered, services realized and used by the customer. Under such condition the company shall be paid in full for all the services utilized by the customer under the contract. In-case customer chooses to approach bank or any third party for refunds in form of charge back and any other means, In such condition canon-printer-support.fixmyprinter.us reserves the right of arbitration and right to approach the customer or any authority for resolution. Under no condition the resolution would not be more than the concerned contract service charges.