Wireless connection Setup
The process of how to set up a wireless connection is detailed in a simple step by step procedure. There are various methods through which you can establish a wireless connection for your Canon Pixma printer. The WPS method can be used to connect the printer to a wireless connection. Complete the wireless connection setup for your printer by doing the below instructions. You can get our technical support team help in setting up wireless connection setup for your printer by calling us at the Toll-Free number that is available on this page.
Wireless (Wi-Fi) Connection Setup
- If you want to make a wireless connection on your Canon Pixma printer, you can use the WPS method which stands for Wi-Fi protected setup.
- Some access points are featured within this automatic connection button(WPS). With the help of this feature, the permitted devices can be connected to your password without the need to enter a password.
- You can connect your devices easily using this method. If you are using WPS method, then in two ways you can connect your devices to a wireless connection.
- One way is Push button and the other way is a PIN. The first method (Pushbutton) is better than the second one in setting up a wireless connection.
- If WPS is not supported by the router, then you can connect your Canon Pixma MG5720 printer to a wireless connection setup using the standard connection method.
- Both the WPS method and the standard method are elaborated in a simple manner. Call the Toll-Free number if you need any help in setting up a wireless connection for your printer.
WPS Connection Method
- Certain conditions are required to be met in order to use the WPS pushbutton method. A physical WPS push button is required for the access point.
- Your network should use WPA or WPA2 security protocol. If you are using WEP security method, the access points that are enabled with WPS won’t connect using the WPS method.
- Ensure that the wireless router is placed within range of your printer. Also, ensure that the WPS button is ready to press. The Wireless button on the printer should be pressed and held till the wireless lamp starts to flash.
- Press the Wireless button and when the Direct lamp lights up, you can release it. Choose the Colour button. Check if the wireless lamp and the ON lamp are flashing or not.
- You will find a WPS button on the wireless router. Press it within 2 minutes. You will also find the blue Wi-Fi lamp on the printer, Wi-Fi, and Power lamps. They all start flashing.
- Once the connection is established by the printer to your wireless network, the Power and Wi-Fi lamps stop flashing. If you need any assistance dial the Toll-Free number.
Network settings confirmation
Take a print of the network settings of your printer to check whether your printer is connected successfully to your wireless network. For printing the network settings, check if your printer is turned on and insert enough amount of plain paper into the tray. Press and hold the Wi-Fi button and release it once the Wi-Fi lamp starts flashing. Tap on the Colour button and then press the Wi-Fi switch two times. Click on the Colour or Black button. The network information page gets printed. In the printed network information page, see if the Connection indicates Active and that the SSID -Service Set Identifier indicates your wireless network name correctly.
Standard connection method Windows
- The downloaded .exe file should be double-clicked. Then select Start Setup. The software checks if there are any updates for the driver and software. Select your region/country, then select Next.
- Select the Yes option and accept the license agreement. If you want to take part in the extended survey program, tap Agree. See if the Deactivate the block is enabled. Tap on Next.
- Choose Wireless LAN Connection → Next → Next. Choose your printer if it is already connected to your network and then tap on Next. The driver software for the printer gets install and register.
- After you align the print head, choose Next → Execute → Next and the setup gets complete. To complete the installation, select Exit. Dial the Toll-Free number if you want any help from our technical support team.
Standard connection method Mac
- The downloaded .dmg file needs to be double-clicked and choose Setup. Click the Open button and enter your password to install the Helper tool. Select Install Helper → Start Setup.
- Once the region and country are selected, tap Next. Tap Yes and accept the conditions of the license agreement and tap Agree to involve in the extended survey program.
- See if the printer is connected to your wireless network previously. If yes then tap Yes. Choose Add Printer and then select Canon MG3000 series Bonjour Multifunction, choose Add → Next.
- Printhead should be aligned. Click on Next → Start → Print → Next. The setup finishes immediately and then tap on Exit to return. If you need any assistance from our technical support, call us at the Toll-Free number.
Restoring your printer’s
Your printer’s network settings should be restored back to factory defaults. During the initialization, the network settings that are there on the machine gets erases completely, and so printing or scanning from a computer over the network becomes very difficult till your printer gets re-configured with new network settings. For resetting the network settings back to factory default, the RESUME/CANCEL button should be pressed and released after the ALARM lamp flashes 19 times. After the lamp completes to flash 19 times, the button can be released and the network settings get reset to factory default settings. Get our experts help if you need any assistance and call the Toll-Free number.
canon-printer-support.fixmyprinter.us Reserves the right to consider arbitration with the customer for refund under resolution provided, software delivered, services realized and used by the customer. Under such condition the company shall be paid in full for all the services utilized by the customer under the contract. In-case customer chooses to approach bank or any third party for refunds in form of charge back and any other means, In such condition canon-printer-support.fixmyprinter.us reserves the right of arbitration and right to approach the customer or any authority for resolution. Under no condition the resolution would not be more than the concerned contract service charges.