Wireless connection Setup
Wireless network connection enables multiple devices to use the same internet connection as well as share files and other resources. Move devices such as laptops, tablets and ipods within the network area freely. Messing up with cables can be avoided with this network. Transfer information to social media instantly. Taking a photograph and uploading it to Facebook is now simpler and can be done much quicker with wireless technology. Few common wireless setup methods are given below.
Wireless (Wi-Fi) Connection Setup
- Opt for a suitable location to place the wireless router. After removing the obstructions that cause wireless interference, connect the router to the modem using a wired cable.
- After connecting the printer to the router, power on the modem, router, PC and printer. Check the router documentation or the manual for the IP address of the router.
- Use a strong password to change the default administrator password for the router. Use WPA2 security-the latest wireless encryption protocol, secure than WEP.
- Choose a descriptive name for the SSID in the wireless network information section to identify the network easily. If required, change the wireless channel.
- Use the installation CD that came with the Canon printer or refer the manual for the steps to download and install the driver on the Operating System.
- Access the driver file and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation process. If you have any queries, reach our experts on the Toll-free number.
WPS Connection Method
- To use this method, check if the access point has a WPS push button available. If the push button is not available, use the Standard Connection Method.
- Verify if the network uses the WPA or WPA2 security protocol. Power on the printer if it is turned off and press and hold the Wi-Fi button located on the front of the printer.
- When the white power lamp flashes, release the Wi-Fi button and check if the Wi-Fi button starts to flash blue. Power on the access point and press the WPS button within 2 minutes.
- To know more about how to use the WPS button, refer to the access point manual. While searching for or connecting to the access point, the blue Wi-Fi lamp on the printer starts to flash.
- The white power lamp also starts to flash during the setup. After the printer successfully connects to the wireless network, the blue and white lamps stop flashing. The lamp remains lit.
- Our technical support team is here to guide you and troubleshoot all your printer woes. If there is an issue with the WPS Connection method, dial the Toll-free number to fix it instantly.
Network settings confirmation
Run MS-DOS Prompt or Command Prompt to confirm the network settings. Select the Start menu and click Run. Once the Run dialog box appears, type command in Open and select the OK option. Type the command: Ping (a space)
Standard connection method Windows
- To prepare for the USB connection setup, check the requirements in the manual and delete any previously installed printer versions from the Windows system.
- Check if the printer is turned on, disconnect the USB cable from the computer and search for the Devices option on the PC. Select the Devices and Printers control panel setting in the results.
- After selecting the printer model, download and install the best available printer driver to complete the USB connection. Choose USB as the connection type and verify if the Operating System is correct.
- Print a document to check the printer status. For further details on how to set up the Canon printer with the USB cable, reach our support team on the Toll-free number.
Standard connection method Mac
- onnect the Canon printer to the PC, turn it on and wait for the OS to detect and install the printer. The Mac PC automatically detects the printer and installs the necessary drivers.
- Check if there is an active internet connection so that the Operating System downloads the appropriate files. Install the driver software CD that came with the Canon printer.
- If the driver software CD is missing, download the drivers from this website. Check if you know the model number of the printer and run the downloaded drivers.
- Once you install the drivers, print from any program on the PC. For further information on downloading the driver, contact our experts on the Toll-free number.
Restoring your printer’s
Resetting the network settings back to factory default is not a tedious job. Initialisation removes all network settings on the printer. Printing or scanning from a system over the network becomes impossible until the Canon TR7540 printer is re-configured with new network settings. Until the power lamp flashes 15 times, press and hold the Cancel/Resume button. Release the Cancel/Resume button. The network settings resets back to the factory default settings. If the preceding steps fail the resetting process, contact us for further assistance.
canon-printer-support.fixmyprinter.us Reserves the right to consider arbitration with the customer for refund under resolution provided, software delivered, services realized and used by the customer. Under such condition the company shall be paid in full for all the services utilized by the customer under the contract. In-case customer chooses to approach bank or any third party for refunds in form of charge back and any other means, In such condition canon-printer-support.fixmyprinter.us reserves the right of arbitration and right to approach the customer or any authority for resolution. Under no condition the resolution would not be more than the concerned contract service charges.