Wireless connection Setup
The CANON PIXMA TR8540 supports wireless connection. It connects your printer to any device using a wireless router. The two types are Wi-Fi connection and Wi-Fi protected setup. It is mandatory to select any one of the connection for your printer. To protect your wireless connection from others set WPS that connects only with the password or else set Wi-Fi connection. Follow the wireless setup connection below of your choice to connect the network to your printer.
Wireless (Wi-Fi) Connection Setup
- Make sure the broadband connections, a modem, and a wireless router that gives you internet connection are all ready for set up.
- Place the router on a flat surface. Place in the room where the signal strength is good. Do not place on the rough surface, near to the windows, and doors.
- Before setting the wireless connection check your device supports wireless or not. Click Start, type device manager in the search tab.
- Click Device Manager in the list of results. In the device manager expand the Network Adapter. Choose Wireless and click OK.
- Connect the modem. Wi-Fi connects only with the password. Set a unique username and a strong password for your Wi-Fi connection.
- In Windows, on the bottom right corner click the network icon. Choose your Wi-Fi name, type the password and click Connect. Your printer connects to the wireless connection.
WPS Connection Method
- Make sure the entry point called the router has a link button or push button named WPS in it. That connects the network without the password.
- Press the printer ON/OFF button that is located near the printers display screen. In the display screen press the Network Status button on the printer.
- Basic network information screen opens, click on the LAN settings box. In the LAN setting page click Wireless LAN. In the wireless LAN page press Wireless LAN setup.
- Wireless LAN setup screen opens, click WPS. The Display screen displays a message Settings will be made on a computer or smartphone, etc OK? Press OK.
- In the router press and hold WPS button until a green light flashes near the button. Both the WPS and printer light flash till the printer is connected to the network.
- When the printer connects the network, the Wi-Fi light stops flashing the light and remains idle. Download to install the driver and at last check the printer connectivity.
Network settings confirmation
To confirm the network settings, test the printer. Switch on the printer. Open the rear tray and pull the paper support up. Open the feed slot cover, slide the paper guide to open and load the paper in the center of the rear tray with the print side facing up. Slide the paper guides to align on both sides of the paper and close the feed slot cover. Check the printer’s connection, press and hold the Wi-Fi button till the power light flashes and release it. Press the Wi-Fi button, the network information page prints. In the printout paper check the connection status point out activate and the Service Set Identifier displays your wireless network name. If the printout details are invalid check the network setting and print.
Standard connection method Windows
- Insert the CD-ROM in the computer or download the driver in our website. For Windows open .exe file. In the initial screen click Start Setup.
- Software checks for the latest driver updates. It takes few minutes to search and download. Select the region and country as per your preference and Click Next.
- Read the license agreement and click Yes. To work in the Extended Survey Program click Agree or else click Do not agree. To add All Install Wizard Processes click Next.
- Select Wireless LAN connection and Connect via wireless router click Next. Follow the on-screen instructions and click Exit to finish the installation.
Standard connection method Mac
- For Mac, download the software our website. Double-click the .dmg file. A pop window appears on the screen. Double click on the Setup icon and click Open.
- Initial screen appears on the screen, click Next. The Helper tool dialogue box opens, type your password and click Install Helper.
- Click Start Setup. The software checks for the latest update and downloads them generally it takes few minutes to search. Select your region and country, click Next.
- Read and accept the license agreement and click Yes. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation and click finish to complete the installation.
Restoring your printer’s
Unknowingly changed the printers network setting and the printer fails to print then restoring the printer is the correct solution. It erases all the current network settings and goes back to the previous default factory setting. Follow the steps below to compute the previous network settings. Press and hold the RESUME/CANCEL button till the light flashes 17 times near the printer ON/OFF button and release it. The network setting resets to the default factory setting. Test the printer to check its network connection. If the above step fails to restore, contact our customer care on the toll-free number for more service.
canon-printer-support.fixmyprinter.us Reserves the right to consider arbitration with the customer for refund under resolution provided, software delivered, services realized and used by the customer. Under such condition the company shall be paid in full for all the services utilized by the customer under the contract. In-case customer chooses to approach bank or any third party for refunds in form of charge back and any other means, In such condition canon-printer-support.fixmyprinter.us reserves the right of arbitration and right to approach the customer or any authority for resolution. Under no condition the resolution would not be more than the concerned contract service charges.